Becoming a member at Bible Fellowship Church is an important decision that should not be entered into lightly.
Why Does Membership Matter?
- Committing yourself to a body of believers is a very important and at the same time biblical step to take (1 Corinthians 12:7-20; 1 Peter 4:10).
- Membership to a local body gives us the opportunity to support one another (John 13:35), encourage one another in our walk of faith (Hebrews 10:24-25), and to inspire one another to continue doing good works until Jesus returns (Titus 3:1, 8, 14).
- When members of a local church body go into a covenant with one another, to not only commit to encourage, pray for, and serve one another, something very powerful takes place within the local church... we actually "shine" as lights to the watching world (Matthew 5:14-16).
- Membership also makes a statement to others that we are "all in" when it comes to fulfilling the vision of Bible Fellowship Church, which is to love God, love one another, and serve the world.
Steps to becoming a Member at BFC
- Attend our Discover BFC (This class takes place the Sunday prior to each New Members Class)
Attend our New Members Class
- Complete and turn in "At Home Assignments."
- Attend membership interview with one of BFC's pastors
- Receive Elder Approval
- Announce to the Body
From the very beginning, the foundation at Bible Fellowship Church has been to know Jesus and make Jesus known. The way we seek to know Him and make Him known is by pursuing the 3 great callings that Jesus has given to His church. 1. We pursue the greatest commandment (Mark 12:3), 2. We obey the new commandment (John 13:34), and 3. We fulfill the great commission (Matthew 28:19).
1. LOVE GOD TOGETHER (Sunday Morning Worship Service)
- We Worship Jesus together as a Body of Believers
- We Receive Expositional teaching from God’s Word
2. LOVE ONE ANOTHER (Fellowship Groups) (AKA "MIDWEEK BIBLE STUDIES")
- We Build Christ-centered friendships with one another
- We Study the Word of God with one another
- We Grow Spiritually with one another
- We Pray with and for one another
3. SERVE THE WORLD (Fulfilling the Great Commission)
- We are Purposeful in Making Disciples
- We do the work of evangelism locally and throughout the world
By remaining committed to these key distinctives, God has kept Bible Fellowship Church biblically grounded and spiritually growing over the past four decades as we have ministered to the San Jacinto Valley, and throughout the utter ends of the world.